Saturday, May 1, 2010

Create: Flower Crown (tutorial)

A friend from church asked me to make three flower wreaths (is that what they're called) for her little flower girls in her wedding. I've never made these before so I was honored that she trusted me enough to ask. We went to JoAnn's and picked out flowers last night and I had some green flowers left over that I wasn't going to use for the wedding ones so Sissy wanted me to make her one. I didn't have any leaves to add to it so I just used the flowers I purchased last night, plus a set of daisies and some purple flowers that Sissy asked me to add.

The first thing I did was measure Sissy's head.


Next I started wrapping the floral tape around the copper wire. Keep wrapping until you get halfway around the wire.

Repeat the wrapping around the other side so that the flowers all face the front. I would have liked if the "extra" flowers that Sissy wanted me to put in weren't there, but it was her headpiece and not mine so I decided to do what she wanted. Then I added a few strips of ribbon to the back. I'm going to curl them, but didn't have time today.

My sweet princess. I can't believe how big she looks in this picture.

Do you believe this is how her hair is naturally? I hope someday she appreciates it! She loved her new crown and it was fitting since she already had her princess dress on!

This post is part of my series for 2010 where I create something as often as possible (I realized that every day was unattainable for me).

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I would trust you with anything! This looks amazing! I can't wait to see the other one tomorrow! We love you!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!