Sunday, January 3, 2010

Goals for 2010

For the past few years I haven't made New Year's Resolutions...I just didn't want to set myself up to fail. This year I did want to make some goals beyond my normal goals of growing spiritually and growing my business by X%. This year I really felt like I wanted to try to "create" something every day. It could be a scrapbook page, jewelry, something with my daughter, a recipe...anything really. I just thought it would be fun to create something every day that I'm at home (I won't attempt to do anything while I'm out of town and I might take December off when I'm busy making jewelry). So the first 2 days of 2010 we were out of town - not a great start. Today, however, I was determined to create something. While my 17 month old was sleeping I decided to scrapbook. I got about 3 pages done and my 4 year old watched every step. Then when the kids were both up I decided to make apple bars and Ellie had a blast getting her hands dirty making the crust and arranging the apples. It was a good day and tomorrow is back to real life working full time, family time at night and crafting after bed. Did any of you make any goals for 2010?
A pretty simple page from our Holiday World trip in August


Making the apple bar crust - 3 sticks of butter!

She loved putting the apples in rows

Bubby decided to play with the cups while we made apple bars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!