Friday, May 13, 2011

The Dream Has Come True

Where do I even begin? God is so faithful! I'm sure many of you have read the reasons behind why I do what I do. I'm a hard worker, but I love being busy so working hard is not anything new to me. It's my personality. Many people ask me how I get it all done and tell me that I need to take a breather but I ENJOY doing things all of the time. My life has finally gotten to a point where I'm working 4 days a week, hanging with the kids till bedtime and then after bedtime I get working on jewelry.

This past week has been really revealing for me. Last Tuesday as I was paying myself from the biz for the month of April I heard God say, "How many months do I have to provide before you'll finally trust Me?" Wow. Talk about a slap in the face. Other things happened in the last week that just proved to me that this was God's time to take that leap and do the business full time. Dave found out that he'd be getting insurance from his company (I have been the insurance provider throughout our marriage). God has given us a peace (for the most part...not gonna lie that the extra income has been nice for us because we love to travel). It's come out that many, many people have been praying for over a year for this to come to fruition. Everything is just falling into place.

So on Monday I put in my notice at work. I'm taking the leap. I'm going to work until June 2nd after which I will enjoy my kids at the pool, spend time to fully focus on them without feeling like I have to do emails or promote or network (i.e. multitask when I should be focused on my children) and maybe even take a nap. I'll finally clean the house, get caught up on laundry & Project Life, focus on my husband in the evenings, spend time with God and grow my relationships with my friends. All of these have been sorely lacking lately...to my friends and family, I'm so sorry for that.

I'm so grateful for the last 9 years that I've spent at White River Christian Church and how they've taken care of me over the years. I'm thankful to our Sr. Pastor Tim who has been such an encouragement and like the big brother I never wanted. I appreciate the time I've gotten to spend with "the other Amy" - sharing an office with Amy M has been such a joy and she is one of my most trusted friends. I have worked at WRCC with some of the best, most godly, passionate people that I've ever met and I will truly miss them. But I will see them every Sunday as I come to worship and I'm sure I'll be popping in the office every once in a while (especially during the Christmas season when there is an abundance of homemade goodies lying around).

Thank you to all of YOU for supporting my business, praying for me as I go through growth, leaving me encouraging notes & posts, and just loving me. You all are such an encouragement to me and I'm so excited that my dream has finally come true, 8 years after opening my little beading business. A new journey has begun and I hope you'll join me on it!

14 comments:

  1. God is good all the time! I'm so happy for you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Amy! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Amy! I was able to take this same leap of faith this past December, and it was the best thing that ever happened to our family. God is so good!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN ~ we have talked about this Aims, and I am so glad God is showing and leading. Love and hugs, KK

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome Amy! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That you have the faith in yourself, too, is worth so much Amy. I am so very happy that your dream has become a wonderful business opportunity and I look forward to seeing how high you can go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy! that is so exciting. I am so happy for you - you deserve all of the blessings coming your way!!!

    xoxox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is good all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, I didn't see this post before blogger went wonky, but came here because of your post on FB. I honestly thought it was going to be something like "I am coming out with a new line" or something. I have admired your work for quite some time now and when my photography business takes off you are going to have to keep busy just filling MY orders, but today I think I see why I am so drawn to your FB, your work & your site...we are family :). Your testimony on here has really touched me and I need to remember even in my photography "When are you going to trust Me?!"...Thank you so much for the reminder today! Love in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS, AMY!! Sorry I'm a little behind the curve (new job is kicking my tail!) but this is just SO awesome! Makes me want to type in all caps so you'll know how excited I am for you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you friend :) Can't wait to see your business grow and grow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO exciting, Amy! It's amazing to see how God was preparing you, your family, your finances, etc. for this for a long time! I can imagine that it's a bit scary stepping off that ledge but it's beautiful to see how you guys are just trusting God and actively believing that He's got you in His Hands. Love it. Congrats, my friend! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!