Saturday, January 30, 2010

Create: Jan. 28-30 Project Life

For the past few days I've been working on my Project Life album. Thursday night I watched the video so I knew how to set it up and boy am I glad! Tammy answered a bunch of questions in my mind about what I was supposed to do with certain components of the kit. I spent the first night getting my monthly markers in place as well as my weekly title cards (where I list what week I'm showing).

Yesterday I printed out some pictures at CVS (not impressed!) and put them in the book for January. I don't have a picture for each day for January, so I doubled or tripled up on a few days and January will probably only have 2 spreads instead of 4 like a normal month.

Then today while Dave was flying I spent some time in Photoshop setting up a template for my journaling cards. It was super easy to do and I'm so happy that my printer would actually work for that. I basically made a template in Photoshop and then just adhered the journaling cards to the template that I printed with photo splits. Then I ran that through the printer and voila! printed journaling cards!

 
  
  
before they went into the printer

So far I am up to date with January and looking forward to working on February.

 
Cover page
 
I only had two events so I journaled on 2 cards and used 2 decorator cards

  
For this one, the card that says "the scarf" can be pulled out and there is a large paragraph of journaling inside of the backstory behind the scarves that Ellie & I are wearing.
This is a single page of one event instead of 4 days. I thought each picture was too cute and couldn't use just one!

For February since we're on our way to Disney I'm doing one spread per day (so 7+ pictures per day). Luckily Project Life came with extra page protectors that enabled me to do this. I'm looking forward to showing you all what I come up with for our Disney trip! Try not to miss me too much while I'm gone!

This post is part of my series for 2010 where I create something every day (if possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!