Thursday, August 25, 2011

He knows what we need...

Philippians 4:19 "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."

It never ceases to amaze me the way that God gives me exactly what I need at any given time. I have been blessed with a growing business that has kept me busy since I went full time as a WAHM. In fact, the weeks have come to the point where I'm working every day during Little E's naptime to keep caught up (and I am so grateful for that). Until this week. Sales have really slowed, and I have no doubt that God gave me this downtime to renew and refresh and remember creativity FOR MYSELF.


It's been so long since I've just created for me. Not to post a tutorial. Not to sell. Not to give to someone else. Just creating freely without taking pictures every step along the way. I have been so annoyed at myself lately for feeling like every craft I do I have to photograph instead of just enjoying the process.

So that's what I did a few days this week. Sure, there was some creative time where I made OOAK pieces for the website, but yesterday was entirely about being creative to bless my family and myself. I woke up and made the family cranberry-orange scones. While Little E was napping I made a bag for myself from vintage fabric that my grandma gave me.


I made banana bread and a skirt. It was an absolutely wonderful, relaxing, creative, somewhat selfish day. And I think that's exactly what I needed.


I'm refreshed and ready to create beautiful pieces again for friends & strangers to enjoy. I'm ready to bless others with the gift God has given me through creativity. I'm so grateful for the lack of business God gave me the past few days. But now I'm ready to work (and I'm going to TODAY)!

A few items of business:
~ I've posted a ton of new items this week, you can see them all here
~ I have sponsor spots left for September - sign up now and you'll get the last week of August for free!
~ I would LOVE to have some guest posters again on the blog - if you have a craft you'd like to share please contact me for a possible guest spot.
~ In order to make room for new items, I've clearanced out a bunch of stamped items. Some have just one left in stock so be sure to check on your favorites!

1 comment:

  1. taking time for yourself is so important too! i love all the new stuff you're creating for you!

    going to check out the sales and new stuff now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!