Tuesday, August 2, 2011

family time

Our weekends usually are a little different because my hubby is off on Friday and works on Saturday. This weekend he actually had Saturday and Sunday off so we were able to spend the whole {real} weekend together. The kids and I started it off on Friday with a trip to Conner Prairie with my mom. It's a really cool interactive history "museum" where the kids can visit different time periods and learn about how they lived during each one. They can watch a metalsmith create nails & hooks, watch an artist make pottery and pet the farm animals. My kids love it...we get to spend time outside and see a lot of different things. I love that they're learning and that I'm learning too since I'm horrible with history.


While my mom and Big E were checking out one of the original homes from the 1800's, little E and I tried to get some cute self-portraits. Lucky for me our son likes goofy faces just like his sister. At least the last one is cute!


Saturday we spent the day as a family at Cheesecake Factory with Hubby's parents and then we went camping with some of our friends. We had a great time despite the heat and went swimming, ate tons of s'mores and got no sleep in the tent together. Side note - if you haven't tried s'mores with Reese's Cups, you need to. Like, right now. They are the best things I've ever had. You can thank me later :)


Our week days are pretty standard (errands, pool time, working, dinner, bed, repeat) so to have the weekend together doing whatever we want is great. It was so nice to unplug and just relax and not worry about anything. Sunday night we celebrated Little E's 3rd birthday...all in all a fabulous time with the ones we love!


What was your favorite part of the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. looks like an amazing weekend full of adventure! LOVE the cow pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun! I'm jealous of that lake! We are in a serious drought here in Texas.

    I can't believe how much your mom, you and your kids look alike.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!