Thursday, May 26, 2011

"i am" Mini Book

When Christine contacted me a while back asking what I'd like to feature on her blog, the idea of a book about "me" was so intriguing because I've never done a book that was just about me. They are always about my family history, friends while going through school and now my husband & kids. I was excited to start creating the book and share what some of my passions are. This post will be up on her blog in the coming weeks, but I wanted to go ahead and share it with you.

Let's jump right in!

I created my mini-book with items I already had at home. I rescued these cute mini file folders from the garbage can at work and put them to use here. I used my vintage typewriter to add the titles on each page. I tried to use pictures from this year as much as I could so that it was current to where I'm at in 2011. The exception to this is my "world traveler" page since I haven't traveled out of the country much in 2011.

wife: We've been married for almost 10 years. The time goes by so quickly. I used three pictures from the last 6 months, a cute "You and Me" sticker and some puffy heart stickers right on the tab.

child of God: I used my Pink Paislee stickers to create different words that define me as a Child of God...blessed, chosen, free, forgiven, loved. Then I added a few other silver stickers with words on them as well.

coffee lover: This page was so simple, but time consuming. I cut the coffee cozy from Starbucks and glued it to the page. Then I took some Swarovski heat-set flatbacks and adhered them to the page. They are individually placed and set one at a time with a heat tool. Then I wrote on my favorite Starbucks drink with a StampinUP! marker.

mother: For this page I used two stickers and some red twine (to match my bathing suit) from the Twinery.

nature lover: Simple was the name of this page: pictures of daffodils from my garden.

friend: I love these pictures of me and my bestie on our cruise from last month. I cut the definition for friend out of the dictionary and Mod Podge'd it under a glass circle.

creator: I used two glittery rub-ons for the creator page and wrote "inspire" on the one. The top picture is one of my studio, which I am so thankful for. You can see more about it on my studio tour.

daughter: Another simple one...just a picture and a metal charm that says "fortunate"

world traveler: I wanted my pictures to look like Polariod's so I edited them in photoshop and had them printed. Then I cut them out by hand and glued them to the page. I used some clear vintage stamp stickers for the bottom and a sticker on the top.

entrepreneur: I used two of my business cards for this page, more twine from The Twinery and also one of my Enjoy Life rectangles.

game player: I'm ashamed to show you this page but in the interest of full disclosure here it is. I lost steam by the end of the book and will add more later once I raid the game cabinet!

Have you made a scrapbook about yourself? If you have and have posted about it, link up in a comment!

3 comments:

  1. what a great little mini, and YES i've done mini about myself {but have never posted, gasp!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I am a game lover too, we should play games at our craft retreat! I would love that and thanks for sharing more about you with us. I love getting to know you through your blog and talking on twitter. THanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love how you used everything you already have & pulled it all together! So cute:).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!