Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Non-Mantel

Christmas has brought out my envy of some gorgeous mantels, but alas, we don't have a fireplace. Althouth I've looked for some on Craigslist, I haven't yet took the plunge to get one to satisfy my decorating desires. So for this year, I decided to decorate a few different places in my house. The one I'll share today is the antique buffet that belonged to my great grandmother Edith that is now housed in my Kitchen. I took out all of my Christmas decorations and separated them by color. The Kitchen was designated as green so I used one of my glass bowl finds from Goodwill, my candlestick candy dish and other decor to follow the green and silver theme.


Then for the space above my non-mantel I took some great red and white twine from The Twinery and some cheap ornaments from Walmart and hung them from my Ikea picture hanger.



Simple and sweet is my theme for this year! On the piano I did a red theme with 5 glass bowls/candy dishes and some yummy red Christmas candy. How did you decorate?

Linking up to A Glimpse Inside's Holiday Open House Party!



2 comments:

  1. I don't have a mantle either so I am also jealous of all the lovely mantles out there! But what you've decorated is very pretty!

    I am having a Holiday Open House going on now and would love for you to link up.
    http://adventuresofthemichelenafamily.blogspot.com/2010/12/holiday-open-house-party-week-2-living.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea. Green is my favorite color so it's even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!