Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial: Candlestick Candy Dishes

I can hardly call this a tutorial but since I haven't done anything crafty on the blog for so long I really wanted to show you guys a quick and easy fix for some candlesticks. These candlesticks we got as a wedding gift almost 9 years ago and have never used them (sorry to the giver of the gift). They just don't really fit our style in our home...we're very casual and laid back and our decor reflects that. So, on to the pictures!

Three crystal candlesticks - I used the shortest two.

Use clear-to-white Gorilla Glue to adhere the candlestick to the bottom of
the vintage plate. Put something heavy on the candlestick until the glue dries.

Amy (my assistant) and I used this dish for charms last night
so I decided to take a pic this morning with some
jewelry-related items. Looks pretty cute as a charm holder!
Isn't this vintage plate so cute? The cup that goes with it is even prettier.

The square Christmas plate was a little harder since the candlestick had an
octagon-shaped base. I had to carefully level it and tape it
(using labels - where is my tape??) and just let it sit.

This one is ready for some red Christmas candy! I got this plate at Kohl's for $3!
These are super cute in person. This silly Indiana winter weather isn't allowing me any daylight (since I'm at work when it's light out) to get any good pictures. So {gasp} I had to use the flash. But such is life! Let me know if you make any of these, they're really fun!

Side note: many, many things going on right now. Giveaways, discounts, etc. so be sure to check them out so you don't miss out on some good stuff!
**Don't forget to enter The Twinery Giveaway!
**Enter the $25 In Good Cents giveaway to my shop! 
**Not sure what to get your loved one for Christmas? Check out the gift guides!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!