Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday Craft Inspiration: Hankie Apron

Saturday I knew that I needed to make something crafty. Friday I relaxed all day long without crafting and felt like I was wasting my days - especially once the kids were sleeping. So Saturday during naps I holed myself up in my craft studio and looked through my fabric for some inspiration. I found an old hankie that I bought years ago to make a pillow out of. Obviously that was never going to happen so I started to ruffle it to make a card. Well, that didn't work either so I looked at my other fabric to come up with something.

Finally I decided to make a craft apron. I took an almost-done pillow case that was gifted to me from a co-worker whose grandmother passed away, cut it in half and used it as the base for my apron. I used the 1/2 of the hankie for the pockets in the front and did a homemade bias-tape out of hunter green for the top and bottom seams and belt. It turned out okay and it was actually nice to have it on while I was crafting to hold my pens & scissors. Excuse the poor-lighting bathroom self portrait, hubby was out of town! It actually is reversible, but the flowered side does not have a pocket.


This post is part of my series for 2010 where I create something as often as possible (I realized that every day was unattainable for me).

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!