I have been meaning to get some new containers for my flour and sugar because my old canisters hinges didn't work right and today I saw these at the grocery store. I decided to purchase them and then upgrade them a little at home.
The first thing I did was measure the lid. It had a nice indentation that was just over 3 1/2 inches in diameter. I used my Cricut to cut a circle 3 1/2 with a shadow and it fit perfectly into the depression on the lid. I sealed that in with some Modge Podge (a couple of coats) and let it dry.
Next I made the labels for the containers. I'm the Queen of re-using items in new places so I didn't want to decoupage "flour" and "sugar" directly onto the jar because I know that someday I'll use them for something else. I used my Cricut Expression again to cut out the letters and glued them onto a square 3 1/2 piece of paper for each. Then I adhered them with photo corners. Now they are ready to use and are perfectly coordinated!
This post is part of my series for 2010 where I create something as often as possible (I realized that every day was unattainable for me).