Saturday, March 27, 2010

Siebert Friends & Family Rules Canvas

As soon as my mom saw the Family Rules canvas I made she placed an order for hers. I was really excited to make something for her. She and I headed to the local craft store to pick out some paper. She wanted brown, beige and green but the paper she loved was brown, beige and blue so I tried to minimize using the blue and stuck with the neutral colors. It's almost done, I just have to sand the edges and give it a coat of sealant.


It took me a little over 4 hours from start to finish and although I've had fun doing the two Family Rules canvases, I've decided that I'm not going to offer them for sale. If anyone wants any tips on how to make your own, please feel free to leave a comment!

This post is part of my series for 2010 where I create something as often as possible (I realized that every day was unattainable for me).

3 comments:

  1. i would love instructions and tips (or links) on how to do this. thanks!! your family rules canvas is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I don't have anything that will cut the letters. I wonder if I could buy them pre-done at a store? How did you do the rest? What kind of board did you use? Thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sboeshaar - I don't know if you can buy them pre-cut at the store, unless you just use letter stickers. I used a large canvas and just decoupaged on the paper and the letters with Modge Podge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!