Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Create: ribbon headband, 2nd try



Yesterday was my first attempt to make a ribbon headband. I made a few mistakes on it (the elastic was too long, the ribbon that I glued on to cover the sewing wasn't staying) so I decided to try again today. I made a cute black and white one this time.

The first thing I did was cut the elastic in half. Then I took one end of the ribbon and folded it over about 1/4" or so. I put my needle and thread through then sewed the end of the elastic band to it. I made some clean stitches so that I wouldn't have to glue ribbon to cover the stitches.

Then I repeated sewing on the other side to make a complete circle. Lastly, I sewed on a flower that I had purchased on Etsy a while back. The flower that I used yesterday was one that I had made that I created out of felt and embroidery floss.

This one looks much better today and will work when her hair is up or down. Now I just have to find more ribbon and make her some that will match other outfits that she has. This is a quick and easy project that almost anyone can do!



This post is part of my series for 2010 where I create something every day (if possible).

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!!!!

    I thought oh how fun maybe I could make such an item...then I read "I sewed..."

    Bummer...

    Back to Gymboree head bands for us :/

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat - you could do it! It's just a few stitches, it really is super easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!