Thursday, October 13, 2011

Craft Weekend in Cali

Two weeks ago today (I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already!!) I went on a craft retreat in California with my girls from Creative Estates. There were 7 of us (we missed you Alison), 4 of which were from California and 3 of us were from the midwest. We stayed at a gorgeous beach house off of Newport Beach in the OC.

We had a blast together crafting...

shopping & eating...

walking down the beach with Jazz...

watching sunsets....
Megan, Katie, Elizabeth, me with crazy hair, Nicole, Kristen & Jacqui

goofing off in the car while heading to the craft store & getting fro-yo...

walking on Balboa Island...

& eating all of the delicious food that Katie made for us...

It was a fantastic long weekend with lots of crafts being made. Coffee cozies, purses, skirts, dresses, jewelry, hats & more were made in that short three days. New relationships were strengthened as we had one-on-one (or three/four-on-one) walks down the boardwalk. These ladies are truly amazing and I am so grateful that friendships like this can happen when you've only met people one time. The thought of it is crazy - meeting ladies at a conference that I didn't know beforehand then going across the country to meet them for a craft retreat. I truly hope this is going to become an annual event!!

crafts from the other ladies

Craftee McGee made my hat. I made a scarf, bag, pillow, hoop art for e's room,
knit maxi skirt/dress and cards. Lots of crafty goodness going on!

Here are some great recaps of the weekend from the other ladies as well
with more fabulous pictures - be sure to check them out!
Olive Blue (sunsets & outfits)

2 comments:

  1. Whose cute ruffly sandals are those?! I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I got my card in the mail. Thank you soo much! It was just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!