Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Seriously Good Doughnut Muffins

I printed out this recipe yesterday and last night I was inspired to try them. The recipe used ingredients that I already had here at home so I knew they would be an easy recipe. Plus, just the name is enough to make my mouth water! The kids LOVED them, I LOVED them, and I think even Hubby liked them. This will definitely be a good Saturday breakfast fresh out of the oven.

There are many different doughnut muffin recipes out there, but this one tastes pretty good. Head over to Our Family Treat or check out the recipe below. The other recipes I saw online said to just dip the tops in the butter and cinnamon sugar, but I went all out and dipped the WHOLE MUFFIN in the mixture. Definitely worth the extra calories. You want to stick to just one of these muffins at a time, they are definitely not good for you.

Mix the first 4 ingredients together:

1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

Add these dry ingredients to the wet mixture:
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 3/4 cups flour

Grease muffin pan (makes 10 muffins) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done.

As they're baking, melt a stick of butter in one bowl and in another bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon. When muffins are done baking, remove from tin. Coat each muffin in butter and then in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Eat while warm for the yummiest muffins you've ever had.

This has nothing to do with muffins, I just think it's funny she posed this way.


___________________________________________________  
Don't forget about Bracelets for Goats!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across this on your blog tonight and I have to tell you my family LOVES these muffins. It started several years ago when a dear elderly neighbor used to make these for our kids and they loved them. Well, Mabel passed away and there were several years without Mabel's muffins until I found the recipe and we are enjoying them again. We affectionately call them "Mable's muffins"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!