Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Mallows

A few days before we left for the cottage to celebrate the 4th of July I saw this post. Can you say adorable? Her displays and everything is so cute. She used Martha Stewart's 4th of July templates. I decided to make my own white chocolate covered marshmallows for our festivities and used Martha's flags for my skewers.

Big E helped me dip some of the marshmallows and sprinkle on the different colors. She was VERY excited to eat the ones she set aside. These are so simple. Melt the chocolate according to the package directions and while it's still wet, shake on the sprinkles. Then lay them dry side down on a cookie sheet to harden.


After the chocolate had time to harden, I put the skewers through the bottom of the marshmallows and put them in a jar I had decoupaged. This is the perfect project for any holiday...green/red for Christmas, red/pink for Valentine's Day, green for St. Patty's Day. Make some matching pretzels and you'll be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!