Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Cards

I am blessed with a wonderful father, a great father-in-law and an awesome husband who is a super daddy. This year I made the same card for my dad and father-in-law and a different one for Dave.

The one for my dads is very simple. I forgot that I let a friend borrow my cartridges for my Cricut, so I was letterless! But I have one set of letters punches that were perfect for these pennants that I did cut with my Cricut. I found a couple of dad quotes online that I typed with my vintage typewriter.

These were made entirely of Pink Paislee paper from my new kit that I purchased and I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the pennant flags.

For Dave's card I wanted it to have a little bit more dimension, so I added a "daddy" plate that I hand stamped (of course!) and a chipboard star that I painted red, distressed with sandpaper and then chalked with some brown chalk. I sewed around the edge with my sewing machine to give it extra dimension. I'll have Big E write a nice message on the inside about how much she loves her daddy.

This card also uses Pink Paislee paper and a metal embellishment that I've had forever so I don't know who made it.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to limit your lettering since I have your cartridges!! :( But, of course, you still made some terrific cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!