Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thank You Scott!

Yesterday Dave & I went to a local military base to send off our brother-in-law Scott to Army Bootcamp at Fort Sill in Oklahoma. We had no idea what to expect! I think we were envisioning a bunch of people being sworn in while wearing their uniforms. Instead there were 4 men being sworn in (3 Army, 1 navy) and they were in the only outfit they were allowed to take to bootcamp. He'll be at Fort Sill for 10 weeks.

He's married to Dave's sister, Stephanie, and they have three children. Please praise God with us for Scott's bravery and sacrifice to help protect our country and also for Stephanie and the kids as they will be missing Scott for the next few months. Don't ever forget to pray for our troops. I have not been one in the past to pray on a regular basis for those fighting on my behalf and now that it hits close to home I'm reminded of the sacrifices that are made so that we can live in this country.


1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be praying for Scott and his family. I know all too well what its like to live without your other half for months at a time. Stephanie will need lots of support, but I know she will adjust and do just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!