Monday, April 19, 2010

Komen Indy Race for the Cure

Saturday we participated in the Komen Indy Race for the Cure. We try to do it every year to support my mom who had breast cancer 15 years ago (celebrating 16 years in October). This year we all went (minus my hubby who had to work) and had a great walk. Over 45,000 people raced this year. The weather was gorgeous, albeit a little cold, but sunny and pleasant. Bubby slept most of the walk and Sissy walked a little and got carried a little. We ended the race with our tradition: Olive Garden. It was great to support Breast Cancer Research to help find a cure! To help support the cause, donate here. I raised $310 for the race thanks to my generous supporters. Thank you all!

Megan wore a sign that said she was racing for her Mimi (my mom) and Grandma (Angie's mother-in-law).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!