Saturday, January 9, 2010

Create: Thank You Card

Yesterday I didn't get to create something because right after work I left for a wonderful girls overnighter with my small group ladies. We had a blast eating at Weber Grill, shopping at Circle Centre Mall and sleeping at the Westin. This morning we did more shopping and had brunch at Cinnabon. It was a great time for the 4 of us to refresh and renew our tired mommy bodies!

When I got home, both kids and my husband were sleeping so it gave me time to create! So today I'm going to do a tutorial of my craft for the day: a thank you card.

First, I took a set of clear stamps from Technique Tuesday and stamped out a flower. Each petal is separate so I stamped each one around the center round stamp.



Then I colored in parts of the flower with my Stampin' UP! markers. I love these markers! You can fill in the stamp itself with them or you can use them to color in what you've stamped or even use the fine tip to journal. They are so multi-functional and there are so many colors available!



Next I cut out the flower and matted it with cardstock. Because the flower is large, I had to do a card that was larger than my normal 5 1/2 by 4 1/4" so I folded a piece of 8 1/2x11" cardstock in half and then cut it to be a square 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches. I then cut a piece of patterned paper to 5 1/4" square to fit on the front of the card.




To adhere the flower to the card I used pop dots to add some dimension. I centered the flower on the cardstock.

Next I stamped out "thank you" with another Technique Tuesday set designed by Ali Edwards. I love her sets. She handwrites the cursive sentiments and they are precious. I stamped it on a piece of bright green cardstock, cut it out and matted it with pink. Then I attached it to the corner of the card.



On the inside of the card I stamped GRATITUDE and the definition from this set by Ali Edwards.




My sweet little mini me woke up and decided to make a card as well. I'm excited to give this card to one of the two great friends who helped me box up Christmas orders.


This post is part of my series for 2010 where I create something every day (if possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!