Thursday, September 1, 2011

finding love at any age

This weekend we celebrated the wedding of Dave's grandma, Jackie. Her story is one of the coolest that I've heard in a long time. Jackie has been a widow since Dave & I got together. Jackie lives with Dave's parents during most of the year but goes to Florida every winter. This winter while in Florida she was introduced to a man named Bob. She found out that Bob lives about 10 minutes from Dave's parents in INDIANA! So basically they went all the way to Florida to meet each other, even though they lived in neighboring towns. Needless to say they hit it off, spent all winter together and soon became engaged. There has been a sparkle in Jackie's eyes since she returned from Florida, and we all know it's because of Bob.


It was so sweet to hear them say their vows to each other, my eyes got misty as they were talking about "till death to us part". They are the youngest 80 year olds I've ever met! I love the next picture because it's so sweet, and also Dave's dad's face is hilarious. I guess seeing your mother-in-law kissing is a little awkward. ;)


I was pleasantly surprised how well our kids did during the ceremony, thank goodness it was simple and quick otherwise they would have done what they did at the cake reception, which is running around the room! They sure look like angels, don't they?



I'm blown away by how God has brought them together, fulfilling their need and desire for companionship. I learn more every day that God has a sense of humor, taking them all the way to Florida to meet each other and fall in love.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

You can have a future and a hope at any age...what's holding you back? Do you need to go somewhere to find what God is trying to tell you? Do you need to appreciate what He's already given you? Appreciate His plan. Cherish His plan. Accept His plan. He is good, all the time.

4 comments:

  1. this is an amazing story, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! Thank you for sharing their sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy, for sharing that beautiful story about my mom and Bob. God answered my prayers for Mom to find someone special and I am grateful to Him for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! What a great story!!! Congratulations to your mother-in-law and her new love!!! This story made be feel so good all over!!!!! God is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!