Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Tulle Flower & Feather Headband

After making a yellow and black headband for my friend Shelly to wear to the pool I knew I needed something fabulous to wear with mine so I made this sweet thang...


Feathers, tulle and a crystal button. Can't go wrong!
Want to make your own? Let me show you how:


1. cut about 30-35 2" circles out of tulle and 2 out of felt. Make the felt slightly smaller than the tulle.
2. taking 3-4 tulle circles, fold them in half and then in half again. Sew them to the felt circle, using 4 to complete the circle.
3. row 1 is finished, good job!
4. repeat this with row 2, starting between the quarters on row 1 so that you can cover up the lines that show the felt below.


5. I didn't want mine to be too poofy, so I took 3 tulle circles and laid them on top of my flower (don't fold these 3) and sewed them down. this helps the tulle to lay down and not stick up as much.
6. add a pretty button.
7. hot glue on some feathers.
8. hot glue the flower to the headband and cover with the second piece of felt.


Look at that cutie - she wears this headband so much better than me. She's such a girly girl! I do like the way the headband looks with my curly hair, but alas it will NEVER look like this at the pool!


Happy creating {and swimming!}

1 comment:

  1. Are beatifull flower tull...thank Amy...God bless you����
    Marye...from puerto Rico...nmusiccortez.mr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!