Monday, June 20, 2011

Make the Difference: Love

Before you read on, please watch this short video.


Love146 History from LOVE146 on Vimeo.

This ministry has been weighing on my heart and I knew that I wanted to create something to help raise money for Love146. I know that part of the reason it hurts my heart is because I have a little girl myself, and the thought of her sitting watching cartoons as she's being sold into the sex trade is horrifying. I can't even imagine the looks on these girls faces as they're standing there in their red dresses with no name other than a number clipped on their clothing.

I wanted the necklace I created to be a visual reminder every time it's worn of the girls and that the wearer has helped to make a difference. So here's what I've created.


The red Swarovski crystal briolette represents the red dresses that the girls have to wear.

The large heart represents you, the purchaser and person who is helping to make a difference.

The small heart represents the girl. It's hammered to remind you of what she's been through. The small heart representing the girl is inside of the larger heart which I hope represents how you've allowed her into your heart in prayer & love.


One of the things that I love about Love146 is the accountability. Accountability in their finances is one of the most important things to them. This is one thing that I struggle with in regard to non-profit and fundraising organizations. Not knowing how much is going to the cause and how much the founder is getting. Love146 has an audit every year and they have an entire packet of where their money is going and how many girls they are impacting. You can see that on their website.

In the case of full disclosure, I also wanted to be accountable to you. I have figured out how much this necklace will cost and I've marked it up in the same way I mark up all of my items. It was very important to me that I did not make more money on this necklace than what will go to Love146. So I did some more adjusting to ensure that Love146 will not get less than the profit that I will make.

Do you want your very own Make the Difference: Love necklace? You can get it here on my website for just $40, with $15 from the sale of each necklace going to Love146. I currently have 24 available and hope to sell them all before the end of July. This necklace will only be available until the end of July. I'm so excited to see what will happen with these and to give you a tally at the end of July of how much money we've raised!

Make the Difference is going to be my new series of pieces that will support a certain cause. If you have a cause that you think should be supported, please leave a comment with the organization name below. I can't guarantee that I'll feature all of them, but I will take a look and see if it fits with my gifts & passions.

2 comments:

  1. What a great necklace for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amy! What a beautiful necklace for such an awesome cause.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!