While at Creative Estates Becky, Megan, Melanie (Above All Fabric) and Becki (Whippy Cake) were on a panel talking to us about balancing motherhood and your business. It was such an informative talk and I wanted to share a few takeaways from that session because I know almost all of us business owners (and just moms in general) deal with how to balance and DO IT ALL.
- one family calendar - on the Mac so that it synchs on iPhones, iPads, etc (Becky H)
- share your talents with your children - if you need to craft, let the kids craft too (Megan)
- plan meals for the week on Sunday (Melanie)
- achieve your own level of success, it'll come in its own time - "It took 5 years to become an overnight success" (Megan)
- don't be hard on yourself for letting your kids do what other parents don't (i.e. TV). be true to yourself. (Becki)
- one notebook for everything: task list, ideas, etc (Becky)
- rewards to stay motivated - date nights, family outing, pedicure - when you complete a goal (Becky)