Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Choffy: Chocolatey Deliciousness!

I first heard about Choffy a while back on Twitter. Someone I follow had done a product review and I was intrigued! I contacted them and they sent me some to try. I'm so excited to share it with you!

First off, what is it? I received this question so many times when I posted about it on Twitter and Facebook. Choffy is 100% cacao beans that have been roasted and ground. It's basically just like coffee, but it's cacao! How cool is that?! Their website has awesome information about their product. It's organic. It's chocked full of antioxidants (more than 2 servings of blueberries). It provides energy without caffeine. The best part? There are only 20 calories per serving!

What did I think of Choffy? I'm glad you asked! When I opened the bag I saw this:

It looked like ground chocolate and I wanted to eat it {but I did restrain}. Not only did it look good, it smelled divine. It smelled like dark chocolate and again I wanted to eat it {but again I restrained}. For my first attempt I used 4 tablespoons of Choffy and 12 oz. of almost-boiling water in my brand new $10 coffee press.


The smell of the brewed choffy was just as divine as the ground cacao. It pretty much smelled like hot chocolate, but a little bit deeper of a smell. The first time I tried it I didn't put anything in it. That I didn't like. Their website says, "Choffy is 100% cacao and is naturally a bit bitter. There are some that love the strong, robust flavor on its own." This is a completely true statement. It was too bitter for me on its own.


The second time I brewed Choffy, I added some Coconut Coffee Creamer. That was better, but still not completely right for me. I'm a spoiled coffee drinker. Lots of cream & syrup for me, which apparently is how I like my Choffy. Yesterday morning I decided to steam a cup of milk and add 2 tbsp of caramel syrup. YUM! THIS is the way I will be drinking my Choffy. It was almost like a mocha latte with caramel. The steamed milk really brought out the chocolate flavor.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of my Choffy Latte, but trust me that it was delicious. If you want to learn more about Choffy, be sure to check out their website or follow them on Twitter. Be sure to tell them I sent you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, how unique! I'm not a coffee drinker (unless it's with cream and syrup like you -- hence why I don't do it often!) but I'm intrigued by this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try this! Gonna have to order some for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!