Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ring Update

On Friday I decided to change up the rings in my shop so that they all have the twist band. It's going to be my signature band for all rings in the future (at least that's the plan right now) and I wanted them to be consistent. From here on out the plain band is no more and all of the rings have the same twisted band.



I've had a few questions about the rings so I thought I'd do a short FAQ here:

Can you do half sizes?
Yes, I have a ring mandrel and can make the bands in any size.

Do they run true to size?
Yes, I do my best to get them at the exact size by using the mandrel, but of course there might be a slight discrepancy just because it's a person making it and not a machine. Also, the bands being so thin make them feel like they're a little larger than other bands that are thick. So if you want it to be the same size as your wedding band, for example, you might need to do 1/2 size smaller if your wedding band is thick.

Are they stackable?
Yes, they are! For the itty bitty, cup of love and true love rings, you'll want two plain bands to go between them if you plan on stacking them due to the size of the heart or disc.

1 comment:

  1. Another question, can you make them small enough for 5- and 7-year old girls? Wouldn't that make my sweethearts happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!