Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful

Today I am thankful for my family and close friends. I'm also thankful for the 5 days I had to get away with my husband and new friends Kris & Heidi. Kris is a pilot and needs to build some twin engine time so we flew down there. Heidi and I got to share the roomy back seat (I say that with sarcasm in my voice). We had a great time at Stella Maris. They upgraded us from a 2 bedroom house to a 4 bedroom house with our own private pool so needless to say it was an amazing trip. We left on Thursday and stopped in Orlando for the night and ate at Downtown Disney. Friday we made it to the Bahamas and some clouds followed us so it was a pretty low-key day. Saturday we got up and went kayaking on probably the windiest day I've ever seen, so it was a pretty tough excursion, but it was beautiful. Sunday we went to a gorgeous beach and attempted to snorkel (once again the wind was not on our side) and I think we all fell asleep on the beach listening to the waves. We had a fabulous time.

Loading up with the plane packed full!

Our two pilot husbands

Halfway done with our kayak trip, the way back was the hardest.

It was so cool getting to know Kris & Heidi

Right before we left to come home, it was a gorgeous end to the trip.

It's a little windy!

From the lookout tower at Stella Maris, we missed sunset.

Another view from our back balcony.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Remember all of the blessings in your life today!

No comments: