You will need:
- 7" zipper
- 8x6 back panel (fabric A)
- 8x3 top panel (fabric A)
- 14x4 ruffle (fabric B)
- 8x6 - 2 lining (fabric B)
- 3x12 handle (fabric A)
- Fold fabric in half long-wise. Press. Open and fold in each long edge, press again. Close the handle and sew a seam close to the edge.
- Fold it in half, making a loop. Sew a seam 1/4” from the edge.
- Sew a long straight stitch by hand very close to the edge.
- Gather until it is 8” in width. Pin it carefully, right sides together, with the 8x3” piece of fabric
- Sew a 1/2” seam.
- Remove gathering stitch and press open. Press down the pleats making it back into a rectangle.
- Layer right side of fabric up (with ruffle), zipper teeth down and lining right side down. Stitch with your zipper foot close to the zipper. Start and stop 1/2" from the edge of the fabric. Repeat with second side.
- Open it up and press.
- I closed off the end of the zipper with a piece of embroidery thread by hand.
- Sew a close seam on either side of the zipper. Start and stop 1/2" from the ends. Then open the zipper.
- Put the outer fabric right sides together, insert the handle between the pieces close to the zipper and stitch a 1/2” seam along all three edges.
- Repeat with lining, right sides together, but be sure to leave a 4” opening on the bottom so you can turn it right side out. Clip all 4 corners, being careful not to clip the seams.
- Turn right side out. Sew the hole closed on the bottom of the lining.
- Press the lining into the bag, zip and DONE!
Lining inside These are great Christmas gifts!___________________________________________________
Don't forget about Bracelets for Goats!