Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Apple Strudel Muffins

I still have a bunch of apples from my organic co-op (I got double my order of granny smith) and even though I made apple bars with 5 of them a few nights ago, I still have 10 left! We needed some breakfast food so I decided to google "apple muffins". I went with the first one that popped up on allrecipes.com. It was really easy and I had all of the ingredients.

As I was getting ready to put them in the muffin tins, I thought, wow - these are more like apple sugar cookies instead of apple muffins. I sat and thought through my steps for a minute and realized I used 2 cups of sugar instead of 1. oops. I'm all about sugar, but I didn't want to totally mess up a possibly good batch of muffins.

My next dilemma was the fact that I only had 1 egg left (the recipe calls for 2) so doubling it wasn't really an option. In the end, I decided to just double the recipe and end up using 3 of the 4 eggs for the recipe. I didn't really have another option so I went for it.


They looked great coming out of the oven, but of course in the end it's not whether or not they look good, it's whether they taste good.


I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were delicious, moist and super good. These could be dangerous. I'm almost tempted to do the recipe again how I did it tonight instead of the correct way, but I guess next time I'll do it right and pay attention to my measurements. Try them out, I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog! I love comments and I love even more to write back to your comments so be sure to leave your email address!